Want to work at The Unsigned Guide? Full time position available...
News: 13th August 2014 by Louise Dodgson under Artist Managers, Creative & Branding, Finance, Law & Music Business, Live, Media, Music Publishing, Music Training & Careers, Record Labels, Recording & Production, Selling & Distributing Your Music
We currently have a full time role available at The Unsigned Guide so if you're a keen music lover, and not averse to plenty of admin work as well, then check out the job description below. We'd love to hear from you if you think you've got what it takes!
Job title: Researcher (Full Time)
Closing date: Monday 29th September
The Unsigned Guide is an online UK music industry directory and careers guide produced specifically for emerging bands and artists, DIY musicians, music students, managers and music businesses. The Unsigned Guide contains free directory listings covering all aspects of the business from record labels, music publishers, PR companies, recording studios, managers to radio stations, venues, gig promoters, festivals and music distribution.
First published in 2003, there have been 7 printed editions of The Unsigned Guide over the years and in 2011 we moved the directory entirely online where it can be more easily browsed by our members and kept as current as possible.
We currently have a vacancy for a Researcher to be responsible for the regular update of the contact listings included in The Unsigned Guide. A valuable role, you will be part of a small team and work closely with the Editor to ensure information in The Unsigned Guide is kept as current as possible and that new trends within the music industry are represented in the directory. This is a great opportunity to further develop your skills in a professional, yet friendly and relaxed working environment in our Manchester City Centre office.
Main duties and key responsibilities include:
• Organising and managing year round communication with the music industry companies & service providers listed in The Unsigned Guide in order to check, verify, and where necessary, update their directory listing details.
• Providing accurate description of the music services provided by companies listed in The Unsigned Guide.
• Providing a first point of contact for music companies enquiring about their listings.
• Dealing with submissions generated from the website from music companies requesting a free listing.
• Coordinating and train temporary staff members who will assist with listing updates and research.
• Conducting desk research into new UK music businesses for inclusion in The Unsigned Guide.
• Operating and fully utilising the web-based database of listings and email data collection system. Training will be provided on both.
• Contributing to the ongoing development and refinement of The Unsigned Guide’s data collection process, and liaising with the Editor to review and develop
• Provide administrative support to the Editor where necessary.
• Degree education is preferred.
• Excellent communication & written skills with superb attention to detail in particular regards to spelling and punctuation. Good telephone manner.
• Thorough, methodical and highly organised approach to work, an ability to work well under pressure, manage your time effectively and prioritise tasks.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player who is willing to contribute ideas and get stuck in!
• An interest in music and the music industry is definitely advantageous, and a willingness to learn on the job.
• Ability to work flexibly and constructively on own and as part of a team.
Additional Information: Hours of work are 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:30pm with 1 hour lunch-break. The successful candidate will need to complete a 3 month probationary period.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
the unsigned guide, music industry directory, music contacts, music business directory, music jobs