COMPETITION: Sign up to BOBCOM to stand a chance of winning an iPod Touch & slot on new Channel 4 TV show!
News: 6th January 2011 by Louise Dodgson under Live, Selling & Distributing Your Music
BOBCOM, a new social network for musicians have teamed up with The Unsigned Guide to give you the chance to win a brand new 8GB iPod Touch.
BOBCOM have also teamed up with Channel 4 to give 4 artists registered to the BOBCOM site a chance of winning a support slot for an established artist. 4 bands will be selected to perform in 4 cities around the UK for a new Channel 4 TV show starting in February this year.
How to enter:
- Register to BOBCOM as an individual musician using the following link (Every band member can register then
you can create your band profile): http://bobcom.com/signup?town=comp1
- (MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER USING THIS LINK OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERED INTO THE
DRAW TO WIN THE IPOD TOUCH)
- You will then receive an email from BOBCOM with a link to activate your account.
- Click the link then set up your individual musician profile stating what instrument you play and what bands you
- Once all members have set up their musician page they can then set up a band profile and add songs and
- Click the fast track option to enter into the Channel 4 competition.
- Finally, get all your fans to get onto BOBCOM and get them listening and rating your tracks!
IPOD TOUCH COMPETITION ENDS THURSDAY 13TH JANUARY 2011
- Musicians can find other musicians and organise tours throughout the UK.
- Musicians can sell their music online without intermediaries and at a rate higher than anywhere else.
- Musicians can promote their individual skills at the same time as promoting their bands.
- Musicians have unprecedented chances to burst onto the music scene. The latest competition will give 4
unsigned acts the opportunity to play alongside headline bands in a new Channel 4 TV Show, Sounds From
The Cities. (Competition ends on 11.01.2010)
About Sounds From The Cities:
Channel 4 announces a new addition to its music slate with the launch of Sounds from the Cities, presented by music aficionado and 'Gavin and Stacey' star, Mat Horne. The series will guide viewers through venues nationwide in the company of both established and new musical artists. The four-week show will kick off on Wednesday 9th February and will be broadcast each week in a late evening slot on Channel 4, from different locations around the UK.
Sounds from the Cities will be jam packed full of content and with Mat Horne at the helm, it will give viewers the chance to explore variations in music trends across the UK and Ireland. The series will visit Cardiff, Edinburgh, Belfast and Nottingham, where the celebrity host will review the scene with famous local heroes and sit in on some dynamic music making and surprising jams. Sounds from the Cities will feature performances and interviews with some of the most established and hottest acts around, as well as getting under the skin of the local music scene.
bobcom, channel 4, music tv, music programme, sounds from the cities