Free workshop on music marketing comes to Leeds
News: 2nd November 2010 by Louise Dodgson under Media, Music Training & Careers
Leeds based social media consultancy, Rising Digital, will be hosting an hour long workshop to give emerging artists and/or young marketers an insight into the real world of the music industry.
The workshop is part of the first ever Leeds Digital Festival, which is taking place at various venues around the city from 8th -12th November. The week will celebrate the unique and innovative digital talent of the city, as individuals and companies present events, seminars and showcases to the public.
Rising Digital’s ‘Social Media and Word of Mouth Marketing in the Music Industry’ interactive workshop will comprise of the following areas of online marketing within the music industry:
- Promoting new music online; where do you start?
- Social media management; what’s right, what’s wrong, what’s developing...
- Audio and visual podcasting; using iTunes, RSS or the other options…
- Blogger outreach and blogger relations; the dos and don’ts!
- E-marketing vs. advertising in 2010; the truth about old-skool methods.
- Crisis management; what to do when it all goes Pete Tong.
Managing director Seb Mysko explains, "Our experience varies from project managing artists breaking into the market, bringing back Mercury Award winners, right through to multi-territory #1 album selling bands. We hope to steer attendees in the right direction and give them a real insight into marketing in the music industry."
It will take place on Wednesday 10th November at 5pm in the Midnight Bell on the Holbeck Urban Village complex. The event is free but all those wishing to attend must complete an application form. To request a form or for more info please contact James Bevan, [email protected]
rising digital, music marketing, social media, unsigned bands, unsigned artists, music promotion